matteopotato

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'...

... Dario keeps rollin'!

I thought Matteo was an active baby but, so far, Dario has him beat by a long shot. Matteo rolled from his tummy to back just before he turned 5 months; Dario did it a few days before he turned 3 months! I'm not sure exactly when Matteo went from back to tummy but I'm guessing it was around 6-7 months (I remember him stuck on his side for quite a while!) and Dario just did that the other day, at a little over 4 months.

Now I'm trying not to constantly compare them because Dario has already proven to be his own little person. And if you think I'm bragging, you must not have two kids. Like I told Heather the other day, with the first one you brag about their milestones; with the second one, it's complaining. With Matteo to chase after I need Dario as immobile as long as possible.

The rolling stuff is cute and fun for now cause he's not really going anywhere or doing any damage. But rolling leads to crawling, which means taking Matteo's toys (thus starting the dreaded sibling fighting) and putting God knows what in his mouth. After crawling comes pulling up and cruising, followed by the slippery slope of walking and running. I'm not sure how this is going to work when taking them places, since I'm not exactly known for my stellar speed (they must get it from Steve) or my ability to be in two places at the same time (although I am developing a nice pair of eyes in the back of my head- teaching teenagers helped with that). All I can say is, Good thing Dario loves to be worn.

Photobucket

He'll probably be up there until he's 7.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, I love that smooshed face!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second one is always faster than the first.........wait til the third!!!
Grandma Sue

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That squishy sleeping face is adorable. Don't worry, you'll become an expert referee in no time.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hmm... I'll have to design you a swaddling blanket for 7 year olds. THAT'll keep him from walking! :)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home