matteopotato

Friday, March 28, 2008

Welcome Guest Blogger Auntie Kelly!

Since Karen couldn't come to the zoo with us, she gave me the privilege of documenting the trip on Matteo's blog! I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so bear with me...

After much discussion about a San Francisco Zoo trip for Matteo, my mom finally was able to bring him up on a Thursday, one of my days off. It's not often that I get Matteo in the city, due to the less than convenient parking situation and my wacky schedule, so my roommate (Matteo's girlfriend) Katie and I had been looking forward to this trip. We are both fans of the zoo, but it makes it so much better when there's a kid with you, especially Matteo. As soon as we walked in (past the long line, thanks to our status as members!) Matteo wanted to make a beeline for the bears. We made him stop and check out the new baby giraffe, and he pointed out the baby's mommy and daddy. While we pushed him in the stroller, he studied the map intently. He got out of the stroller to get a closer look at the gorillas, and when he had enough of them he bent his knees, looked both ways, decided which way we should all head, and took off running.

Photobucket


I'm not sure what those zookeepers are giving to the animals these days, but it seemed like every animal we saw was sleeping! We did get lucky that the train was up and running, so we made sure to go for a ride. Matteo perfected the pageant queen wave to everyone we passed by.

Photobucket


After the train ride we headed to the petting zoo, which Matteo seemed to have mixed feelings about. I feel his pain, I'm not a fan of those crazy goats pretty much attacking me for some food. But he was fine as long as he was being carried at a safe distance from the savage goats. We found refuge near the sheep, where Matteo picked up a rake and made a nice little pile of some hay. He would make an excellent ranch hand.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Our last stop of the day was at the playground. At first it was packed with a lot of older kids, so Matteo was a little hesitant to get in there. He and Katie went down the smaller slides and played on the camel statue until the other kids left. Then they climbed to the top of a big plastic tube slide, and Matteo went down all by himself! I think he was trying to impress Katie, but he pulled it off! Those girls in preschool better watch out.




As much fun as the zoo was, the highlight of the day was Hide and Seek when we got back to my house. Matteo is not so good at hiding yet! When the seeker says "Ready or not, here I come!" the giggles pretty much give him away. I found him once halfway under Katie's bed, with his little legs sticking out. He was pretty brave and hid in a hall closet once as well.




After a few rounds of Hide and Seek, it was time for Grandma and Matteo to head home. Katie and I were sad to see them go, and we're already looking forward to our next trip to the zoo! Hopefully next time some of the animals won't be napping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home